The lower back is responsible for supporting the body’s weight. Most chronic low back pain occurs due to injury of the ligaments, muscles, joints, or discs. Research has shown that at least 80% of Americans will suffer from low back pain in their lifetime. Acute low back pain can last for a few days to a few weeks, while the longevity of chronic low back pain is about three months. At Lake Worth Chiropractic & Wellness, we have been sharing the benefits of chiropractic care with residents of Lake Worth, FL, for many years. Many of our patients visit us for the first time looking for relief from lower back pain.
Types of Low Back Pain
Low back pain can manifest in the following ways:
- Pain that gets worse when standing or sitting
- Dull or pain in the low back
- Muscle spasms coupled with tightness in the hips, pelvis, and lower back
- Difficulties with walking or standing in a straight position
- Numbness in the legs or groin
- Aching muscles
- A consistent ache that has lasted longer than a couple of weeks
Common Causes of Low Back Pain
A variety of factors can cause low back pain. Some of these include:
- Sprains and strains: These are the most typical causes of low back pain. This pain is triggered by lifting heavy objects or lifting them awkwardly, which can injure back muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Some people strain their back through coughing, sneezing, bending over, or twisting.
- Scoliosis: This is a disorder where the spine is curved incorrectly, which causes low back pain.
- Spinal stenosis: This condition causes the spinal canal to narrow where the nerve roots are situated, triggering low back pain.
How Does a Chiropractor Treat Low Back Pain?
During your initial visit to our clinic, our chiropractor will evaluate your condition to establish the root cause of your low back pain. You will get asked about your prevailing symptoms, and our chiropractor may order further tests and x-rays for a stronger understanding.
Regular chiropractic adjustments will reduce your pain, restore your range of motion, and improve your body’s natural ability to heal itself. Other techniques that can get integrated into your treatment plan include:
- Electrical stimulation
- Nutritional supplements
- Lifestyle change
- Hot and cold pack
Recommended treatment options will depend on the cause, location, and severity of your pain.
Let Our Lake Worth Chiropractor Relieve Your Low Back Pain Today
Call Lake Worth Chiropractic & Wellness today at (561) 547-2210 for more information on lower back pain or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.