Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Treatment
Carpal tunnel syndrome affects 3-6% of the general adult population. Although chiropractic care is mostly associated with medical problems in the neck and back, a chiropractor can effectively treat this condition. At Lake Worth Chiropractic and Wellness, we offer treatment as well as advice for dealing with this painful condition.
Signs and Symptoms
If you are suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome, you may have the following symptoms:
- Tingling and Numbness: One of the most common symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome is numbness and/or tingling. These symptoms usually affect the thumb, middle, or index fingers. The sensation may also travel up your arm. This sensation may become constant and more intense over time.
- Wrist Pain: One of the major signs of carpal tunnel syndrome is a pain in the wrist area.
- Weakness: Weakness in your wrist or hands may cause you to drop objects.
The primary cause of carpal tunnel syndrome is pressure on your median nerve. This is the nerve that runs between your forearm, through a passageway in your wrist (carpal tunnel), to your hand. If this nerve is excessively irritated or squeezed, it can result in carpal tunnel syndrome. This condition is often caused by occupations that require repetitive movements of the wrist and poor work ergonomics.
If you have been diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome and you’re considering treatment options, chiropractic care can help.
- Bracing: One of the most effective non-invasive carpal tunnel treatment options is bracing of the wrist. This involves wearing a brace to limit the movement of the hand and thus, allows the wrist and tendons to recover.
- Exercises and Stretches: A chiropractor can teach you certain exercises and stretches to help reduce and reverse the damage that has been done to your median nerve.
- Apply a Cold Compress: A cold compress may be recommended to reduce the amount of inflammation in the wrist.
Call Lake Worth Chiropractic and Wellness Today!
Carpal tunnel syndrome is quickly becoming a common medical issue due to the increase in office jobs and the use of computers outside of work-hours. Chiropractic care is an excellent alternative to surgery and pain medication. If you live in or around Lake Worth, FL, and you’ve begun to show signs of this condition, call Lake Worth Chiropractic and Wellness today at (561) 547-2210 to schedule an appointment. Our chiropractor, Dr. Jack J. Cacic, will perform an examination and develop a treatment plan for your carpal tunnel syndrome.