Curved Spine Treatment In Lake Worth
Dr. Jack J. Cacic is your chiropractor here at Lake Worth Chiropractic and Wellness who specializes in curved spine treatment, which offers actual relief from the pain associated with scoliosis. Check out the information below about scoliosis.
An estimated five to seven million Americans live with the pain and disabling effects of scoliosis. Many people who suffer from this condition display telltale signs of the lower back, usually on the side where their spine curves unnaturally, uneven waist, and a prominent shoulder blade. Most scoliosis patients are diagnosed with Idiopathic Adolescent Scoliosis in their teens with the condition becoming more obvious, and at times, debilitating pain later in life.
Symptoms of Scoliosis
Sideways spinal curvature can reduce your height and create balance issues. Minor childhood scoliosis can cause spinal osteoarthritis or degenerative disc disease as the person ages. These degenerative changes may ultimately interfere with nerve functions to muscles and vital organs, causing a variety of additional health problems.
Types of Scoliosis
- Idiopathic Scoliosis : Idiopathic scoliosis usually happens without any known cause. As the most common form of scoliosis, it has been detected to run hereditarily.
- Congenital Scoliosis :This type of scoliosis can develop before birth and is caused by bone abnormalities.
- Degenerative Scoliosis : Degenerative scoliosis can be caused by osteoporosis, bone deformity, traumatic injury, or spinal surgery.
- Neuromuscular Scoliosis :This condition is often seen in people with Spinal Bifida or cerebral palsy and occurs when there is an abnormal muscle or nerve formation in the body.
Curved Spine Treatment through Chiropractic Care
Many people who have scoliosis are unaware that a skilled chiropractor can help prevent further spine degradation, reduce their pain significantly, and improve their overall quality of life.
Dr. Cacic uses gentle adjustments to improve your range of motion. Treatments can help straighten the abnormal sideways curvature of your spine and eliminate the source of pressure on your nervous system.
Some techniques we may use for your curved spine treatment are:
- Chiropractic Care: We provide advanced chiropractic adjustments that are safer and more comfortable than ever before.
- Corrective Exercises: We teach our patients a customized set of corrective exercises that you can perform at home.
- Massage Therapy: While making you feel good, massage therapy also helps your body achieve health and balance.
- Lifestyle Advice: Our goal is to help every patient fulfill their needs with good lifestyle choices they deserve.
Relieve Your Pain With Our Non-Invasive Methods
Call 561-547-2210, or visit us at Lake Worth Chiropractic & Wellness and let us design a curved spine treatment customized to meet your needs. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.