TMJ Treatment with our Lake Worth, FL Chiropractor
Pain in your jaw, which may also radiate into your head and neck, may be connected with TMJ. TMJ is a shortened term for a condition known as Temporomandibular Joint syndrome. TMJ affects your jaw joint and may cause pain when you open and close your mouth for chewing and talking. Other symptoms of TMJ include:
- Tooth pain
- Pain in your ears
- Clicking when opening and closing mouth
- Jaw locking open or shut
- Constant or intermittent pain
- Joint swelling or sensitivity to the touch
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms or others related to your jaw, we invite you to Lake Worth Chiropractic and Wellness for a natural TMJ approach. Our TMJ chiropractor uses medication-free and non-invasive techniques to reduce pain and restore your jaw's mobility.
Causes and Treatments of TMJ
Jaw pain does not have to become a part of your daily routine. Our Lake Worth chiropractor, Dr. Cacic, evaluates your symptoms, your joint function, and your health history to determine if you are suffering from TMJ. Some of the causes of TMJ include an excessive or long-lasting grinding of your teeth, arthritis, a weakening of the connective tissue in your jaw, an injury or a misalignment in the joint. Dr. Cacic looks for the causes of your TMJ and then develops a personalized TMJ chiropractic adjustment plan to alleviate your pain. Our TMJ chiropractor approaches your condition from a variety of angles. To restore your jaw to its pain-free health, Dr. Cacic may include the following services in your treatment:
- TMJ Chiropractic Adjustment- your TMJ treatment includes a gentle adjustment to your jaw. Dr. Cacic aligns the joint so that it moves without pain and clicking. You may feel a difference following your first adjustment or after a series of adjustments. Over time your body learns to remain in the alignment that does not cause pain.
- Massage therapy- our massage therapists will work to decrease tension in the muscles that control your jaw movements. We also show you gentle massage techniques you can do at home to reduce jaw pain and restore mobility. Massage therapy also helps you eliminate stress, which may be contributing to your TMJ symptoms.
- Physical therapy- our team may also show you exercises designed to stretch your jaw and neck. This helps alleviate tension and lets the jaw move in a more comfortable way.
Your TMJ symptoms of pain, clicking, and limited mobility, are reduced through natural chiropractic care. Dr. Cacic determines why you are having TMJ symptoms and then puts together a natural care plan to reduce pain and prevent it from occurring in the future. Through gentle adjustments, stretching, stress reduction, and massage therapy, your TMJ symptoms will not last.
Contact our Lake Worth Chiropractor Today for TMJ Relief
Do not wait to start treatment. You do not have to spend another day in pain. To start your TMJ care, please call us today at 561-547-2210.